BAStober Video #10 (The Ecosystem & Tribes Video)
BAStober Video #10
Matt explains the introduction of the ecosystem. Models are compliant and workflows in and out of ecosystem through the various strategies are well-defined.
New Token Ecosystem
LB Tokens are used to craft items
Bananas are used to level up (upgrade) Apes
Rocks are used to level up (upgrade) items
Jungle Essence is used for enchanting and to make powerups
Merry Berry Juice is used to breed new apes
NFT Sets, External NFTs (any outside NFTs that can provide a boost), Gamester NFTs, NFT Powerups, NFT Items, NFT Apes
- 1.Own or Champion a Gamester Ape NFT
- 2.Activate Gamester within the game
- 3.Select your character.
- 4.Play games within the BAS Game Ecosystem
- 5.Earn different types of item tokens (more on this below)
- 6.At this point, you can either trade your items in the marketplace or upgrade different types of NFTs within the ecosystem
- 1.Play the games
- 2.Get ranked on leaderboards (The higher ranked, the more likely they will be selected)
- 3.Tribes and NFT holders will be able to see the leaderboards and select you to be their champion
(Once you are a champion and have access to ape characters)
- 1.Select ape character
- 2.Play games
- 3.Earn various item tokens
- 4.Choose to make items, upgrade apes, breed new apes, upgrade items, create power ups.
If your goal is to grind, you will want to trade the tokens up on the market. This would be the model to grind out value and put it on the marketplace with the objective of obtaining things such an NFT ape or gamester as well as set pieces depending on what games you wanna play or what strategies you choose to obtain particular items
- 1.Purchase an Ape Character either from marketplace or Genesis Mint (further information will be provided at a later date about this)
- 2.Activate Apes as character
- 3.Play games in order to earn Merry Berry Juice, depending on which game is rewarding that
- 4.Once in possession of 2 Apes and Merry Berry Juice you will be able to breed your apes
- 5.You can now either upgrade the new ape or put it on the marketplace
- 1.Obtain an Ape Character
(At this point, you can either grind pieces of gear or head to market place)
- 1.Purchase items such as sets, items, powerups, external nft that will provide a boost to your in-game character
- 2.Apply newly acquired NFTs onto your Ape Character to increase ability, earning potential or effectiveness in the game ecosystem. (Which becomes very important over time)
As you play games, you can earn LB tokens. These LB tokens will be used to craft items from lootboxes
(Metaverse Adventures will have specific LB tokens for specific tokens you may have in your bag. For example, Doge holders will go through a Doge Metaverse Adventure will earn Doge lootbox opportunities. Using those LB tokens in your Doge lootboxes and you can craft new items that could be specific to that token type or general items from the lootbox, depending on what's available at the time.
Bananas - Through various game methods and modes, you will earn Banana tokens. These allow you to level up and upgrade your apes
Rocks - Through various game methods and modes, you will earn Rock tokens. These allow you to level up items. There could potentially be hundreds of thousands of items, and Rocks tokens will be the necessary ingredient to make them more powerful.
Jungle Essence - Earned through gameplay. Used to enchant powerups. Most will be single use. Powerups can be either general or specific to your ape class. (More information to follow)
Tribes are the Block Ape Scissor equivalent of guilds.
- 1.Requires 5 separate players with an Ape character that has reached maximum level (Once Apes reach max level, they can choose their class. Need 1 of each class)
- 2.Requires the full Kingpin NFT set among those members
- 3.Tribes are modelled as a business entity. Strategies are formed, resources are pooled and objectives are targeted. These are to lead to the collective outcomes everyone desires in order to advance in the ecosystem, or to form a reward structure.
Tribes are the management part of the business, where as the Champions are the ones rewarded for their efforts.
There will initially be 5 base NFT sets. Specific to certain game models and provide specific benefits and advantages into the ecosystem. Based on rarity, it is expected no single person could ever earn all pieces to a set by themselves.
NFT Sets form the pillars that will be created for the open world and all the various games and game modes that can provide the diverse types of reward structure in our Earniverse
The NFT sets will be: Prospector, Architect, Banker, Champion, Kingpin
Once a Kingpin or an “Alpha” is elected, the tribe can start participating in all the relevant events and competitions for tribes.
Tribes are modelled after real life ape culture, where there is a singular Alpha who presides over their troop. Like in the wild, Alphas in BAS can be challenged and if the Alpha loses that Alpha gives up power and a new Alpha takes over.
- 1.You must have a seat on the council
- 2.You must have a maximum level ape to use
- 3.Losing Ape gets destroyed forever
Due to lucrative earning potential, Alpha/Kingpin positions will be highly coveted and desirable. Alphas/Kingpins in charge of a tribe will earn a fractional portion of everything within the tribe.
Pool resources and NFTs into smart contracts and escrow accounts that can execute group strategies across the entire ecosystem, access tribe pool of champions and rotate those between members.
Fractional reward schedules based on tribe activities. Based on the levels needed to upgrade, create, enchant or breed there may be times tribes need to aggregate (to form or group into a cluster or class) resources to help fulfill the needs of individuals for the overall benefit of the tribe.
Designed to cater for play to earn token pooling where by the council can lend out tokens from the treasury for specific purposes. This allows all sorts of mechanics to exist between people focusing on personal strategies that are mutually beneficial between multiple parties.
Exclusive events and competitions which exist purely between rival tribes. Alliances will be possible in the future to possibly leverage power from other tribes. Tribal Warfare will potentially become the most lucrative, dangerous and exciting feature of the Metaverse.
Item meta and competitions will allow for dynamic changes that will drive trends and phases.
BAS has about 2 million funding in stablecoins, not including Binance investment, plus equivalent tokens in BAS. Care is taken with distribution to ensure limited sell pressure on our token.
Over 6 months, this means we can increase the marketing spend to maintain the momentum. These funds will allow us to expand the development team, as well as the overall team which is part of our plans and strategy to scale.
Looking to possibly issue BAS bonds from the DAO treasury. We have some legals and compliance to work out, but this looks to be a very clever angle to play for the long term. DAO currently has 20 million dollars in BAS and the use of BAS bonds would potentially drip BAS over time to tribes and provide, bnb, busd or eth funding to DAO initiatives that will allow us to build and expand the ecosystem